Facility & Equipment
Our facility is designed so multiple users can set up production lines in different areas.
The wet product preparation area includes a full-scale commercial kitchen for preparing sauces, jams, salsas, drinks and other items for bottling. It also serves the needs of caterers, personal chefs, and mobile food cart or truck vendors preparing food for immediate consumption.
The dry product preparation area serves bakers and those preparing and packaging dry products such as herbs, teas or trail mixes. Dehydrators are available for peppers, tomatoes, apples, shiitake mushrooms, herbs and other products.
The fermentation space provides a temperature and humidity-controlled environment for products such as kombucha, tempeh, and fermented foods.
Walk-in cooler and freezers, dry storage cages, and pallet racking. Rental of storage space is by the week or month, and by the shelf or pallet space.
Facility & Equpment
The Natural Products Manufacturing Facility at Blue Ridge Food Ventures houses the equipment for natural products manufacturing in a 1,000-sq.-ft. space that follows current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines for the production of dietary supplements and natural products.
This space houses the semi-automatic bottling line from filling through capping, banding, lot-coding and labeling as well as space for maceration and extractions. Grinding equipment is in a separate room with a dust collection system.
- Walk-in cooler and freezers
- Dry storage cages and pallet racking.
Rental of storage space is by the week or month, and by the shelf or pallet space.
Food Processing Equipment
THE EQUIPMENT YOU NEED IS HERE (IF NOT, JUST ASK!)At Blue Ridge Food Ventures, we are constantly adding new equipment to meet the needs of our users. If you don’t see what you are looking for, let us know; we can discuss your process to see how we can help. Each piece of equipment we have can be used for a multitude of tasks, and we are creative at making things work. For example, we use an engine hoist for getting large loads in and out of our 80-gallon steam kettles. Equipment currently available at Blue Ridge Food Ventures includes the following:
- Vertical cutter-mixer
- Grinders and mills
- Mixers (5-qt, 20-qt and 60-qt) and food processors
COOKING & BAKING
- Steam jacketed kettles
- Commercial ranges
- Conventional ovens
- Convection ovens
- Combi-steam oven
- Tilt skillet
- Auger filler for dry, flowable products
- Piston and pneumatic fillers for liquids
- Heat band sealer and vacuum sealer
- Label applicators
- Shrink band tunnel
- Batch code printer
- Walk-in cooler and freezers
- Enclosed, dry storage cages
- Pallet racking
SHIPPING & RECEIVINGWe have a forklift for receiving pallets at our door. A loading dock at the far end of our building may be used for receiving or shipping large items.
Natural Products Equipment
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOUR VERTICAL NATURAL PRODUCTS VALUE CHAIN
Dehydrators and dryers for botanicals — adjustable temp and airflow
Hammer mill ingredient grinding to 3mm and larger particle size
Maceration-style extraction up to 100 liters per batch
Herbal pressing and filtration up to 3 liters per press cycle
Filling and packaging for loose teas and powders
- Up to 2 oz (15 ml to 60 ml) on our small bottle filler
- 4 oz to 16 oz (120 ml to 500ml) on our large bottle filler
- Wide viscosity range: from heavy salves to alcohol extracts
- 1000s of bottles-per-day capacity
- Capping, auto-labeling, lot numbering, expiration dating: on-bottles or on-label options
- Labeling up to 6″ wide/high labels on CVC 300 auto-labeler (cylindrical bottles only)
- Inkjet coding
- Shrink-sealing with tamper-evident bands
- We can run topical, cosmetic, and body care products
TUBE FILLING & SEALING
- 2 oz. to 16 oz. containers
- Semi-automatic tube sealing
- Seal up to 20 tubes at once